Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Model 6 and other

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cmpipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I'm looking for some info re Model 6- three way bookshelf with 10" woofer? Dates of mfg? Alnico? Also, I have some Seeburg Discotheque speakers w/ 2- 15's and an 811 horn. I love these guys but am interested in any other information about them. I have them in my bedroom and driving with a Pioneer QX 949 quad(44 watts per, all 4 driven). I like to feel my music! All total, I'm running 6 15's and two horns. Others are old(very) Magnavox.Not very efficient, but do the job. That's why I'm interested in the model 6's for the back channel. Thanks Larry

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a set of model 6's for my surround channels. The drivers aren't Alnico, they are Ceramic stamped frame speakers. They sound alright, but aren't going to crank out the sound. IF I am correct, the little mantaray horns in them have piezo drivers on the back...normally not that great sounding, but they do the job. I use model 14's for the main front speakers, and the 6's fill in the rear nicely.
    I think they were manufactured in the early 80's, around 83 or 82.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cmpipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks! I'm glad I found out about the 6's. I'll Pass, I think. Still looking for info on the Seeburgs. Appreciate the input.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member hmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2005
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A friend had a set of Seeburgs similar to those and he used them for PA, He thought they were quite remarkable.The bass response was quite superior.
    There are not too many Seeburg fans out there,but they were putting some of the best drivers in the world into those boxes, and I think they were well engineered. Enjoy them
    Harry

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Seeburgs were made under contract by Altec. They are all Altec drivers. 414's and 811B's.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    Hmm, they had a large disco floorstander with a gold painted 811 mounted on the front of the grill and dual 15"s also. I saw an install when they were still fairly new and the woofers were some cheap looking/no name stamped steel frame units. If these were Altec, I don't blame them for not wanting to put their name on them. Still, for disco, they worked well enough, though around here the 1208 was the floorstander of choice, with one at each corner of the dance floor.

    GM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.